Thursday, April 14, 2022

Kingdom Hearts 4: Want, Don't Want

 With the recent announcement of Kingdom Hearts 4, I think this is as good a time as any to make a short list of what I want in the game, and what I DON'T want. I'll keep this simple and clean, and I am NOT sorry for the reference!

WANT: Let me start off with a simple one; I want more Final Fantasy characters! Can I have just THREE new Final Fantasy characters in here, PLEASE!? I'm not asking them to be party members or something, all I want is for some FF characters to appear! I'm totally willing to settle for the crew of FF15 to make an appearance in one of the worlds! Hell, just give me Noctis! I'm totally willing to be happy with JUST Noctis!


DON'T WANT: I'll be honest when I say I wasn't wild about that whole "looking for ingredients for the cooking minigame" thing KH3 had going on. I ESPECIALLY didn't care for hearing Donald say "this might be a good spot to find some ingredients!" By the fifth time that happened, I was BEGGING Donald to shut his mouth!


WANT: A world based on Raya and the Last Dragon. AND I want Kelly Marie Tran herself to voice Raya again! That movie's story practically BEGS to be made into a Kingdom Hearts world!


DON'T WANT: Please, SquEnix, PLEASE don't include an Encanto world! I get it, I do; Encanto is Disney's biggest hit of the decade so far, and the most successful Disney movie since Frozen. But please, PLEASE give it a rest! We don't need to hear "We Don't Talk About Bruno" again; the Oscars performance killed the song!


WANT: Hard bosses, secret bosses, side quests that give me a reason to revisit worlds! Also I'd like to see something like Olympus Coliseum from the original game again! 


DON'T WANT: No. More. Lucky Emblems!!! They were a bitch to find in the last game! PLEASE!!!


WANT: Critical. Mode! I want a challenge!


DON'T WANT: Attractions. They're an... INTERESTING ability to use, certainly, but I feel as though KH3 went way overboard with how they would constantly be made available. It got to the point where EVERY fight had Attractions available, and I was suddenly using the Teacups for the fifth time in an HOUR!!!! Please, SquEnix, if you won't remove the Attractions, make them less common to use!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment