Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A special message

 With the war happening in Ukraine right now, I'm seeing a disturbing amount of young men and women itching to head over there and blast some Russians. I find myself in need of sharing this special message...


War isn't like in Call of Duty or Medal of Honor. When you get shot, it'll hurt like hell. Unlike in video games, one bullet will be more than enough to kill you if you get shot in certain parts of your body. There'll be no respawning for anybody. Combat armor is heavy, gunshots and explosions are very loud, and having debris flying everywhere is detrimental to your breathing.


War isn't a game, and I can't stress that enough. War is war, it's hell on Earth. You don't WANT to be in a war, trust me. The Ukrainians and the Russians are in a war, and I promise you, they hate it. The only people who like war are the people who know they won't have to fight in one.


If you've got the luxury of  staying home, do so. If you have a family, consider your duty to be taking care of them. Pray for a swift end to this war, and to all wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment