Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Games I've Dropped

In my life I have played many, many, MANY games. I've beaten some, and some I've yet to beat. Some games, however, I have abandoned either due to extreme boredom or due to high inconvenience. This is a short list of five games I've dropped, and why.

1. Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu
Image result for Luminary rise of the goonzu

This was my very, very first MMO that I had to download to play. I played this game for like two weeks, and then I dropped it like a hot potato, never playing it again. Why? My computer couldn't handle the game; it was laggy, choppy, and the fact I couldn't go two steps without having fifty other players clog up my screen. Plus combat wasn't very fun, as I recall. The music was good, but it wasn't enough to keep me in the game.

2. Eden Eternal.
Image result for Eden Eternal

This game was recommended to me by a pal. I played it for a month, uninstalled. Then a year later re-installed it, played it for two weeks, then uninstalled again. Why? Simple: my computer couldn't handle the graphics. The lag was atrocious for me, to the point that, if player traffic was too high, I was running 2 FPS. That was UNBEARABLE! A pity too, as the game was pretty darn good.

3. Tales of Xillia
Image result for Tales of Xillia

It's particularly painful for me to remember this game. It was the last game I ever bought at GameStop, and the first game I bought myself after battling depression for four years. It was also the first game I bought for myself in six years, back in 2014. This was a GREAT game, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. The reason why I dropped it? My PS3 broke, and I had no money to buy a new one. That was three years ago. I'd actually like to pick up the game again, but buying a new PS3 means I'd start this game from the beginning. Considering my previous save had like 50 hours into it, yeah I'm in no hurry to do that.

4. Hyperdimension Neptunia.
Image result for Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 PS3

Yes, I own the original Hyperdimension Neptunia for the PS3. No, it is NOT a good game; frankly, it's surprising that this title helped spawn such a huge franchise. Why did I get it? It was accidental; my mom bought this game for me for Christmas of 2013. Problem was, I asked for Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk 2, which was what the box said. But the game disc I got was this one! Not one to make a fuss, I simply played this game, saying "meh, whatever." I tried enjoying it, but...nah. It was just not good enough. Combat was slow; WAY too slow, and the dungeon maps were lazily planned out. I'd give the game a 2 out of 5.

5. Fight of Gods

Image result for Fight of Gods

A fighting game starring various gods of different pantheons from across the world, with Moses, Buddha, and even JESUS Himself as playable? How do you fuck THAT up? That has to be one of the most brilliant and daring ideas for a fighting game ever made, the kind that make you think "WHY hasn't this been done before!?" And yes, before you bring it up, I know SMITE did it first, but we're talking FIGHTING games here! So what happened? Two words: Santa Claus. The developers added Santa Claus to the roster. I thought it was a joke at first, but it turns out it wasn't. No, they legit added SANTA CLAUS to a fighting game about GODS! It's not that I hated the idea, it's that I found it so ridiculous that I could no longer take the game seriously. 

Plus the game was horrendously choppy and laggy, and the controls were not the best there are out there. That's why I dropped the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment