Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Word on TotalBiscuit

I can't say I'm a fan of his, but I have heard of him. He's one of the biggest voices in gaming, and one of the few game critics with credibility. And today, he's shared with us that he's been given two years to live. I believe I speak for all his fans when I say I wish this day had not come.

We all wish for TotalBiscuit's complete recovery. Nobody but the vilest beings on Earth wish for someone this young to be taken away from us, especially to cancer. I, personally, believe that cancer is one of the worst ways to go; it creeps up on you, and you spend so much time fighting it and fighting it, only for it to beat you in one way or another. Fighting cancer is never easy, and beating it much less so.

I'm speechless. I've never seen a single TotalBiscuit video, and now I'm too afraid to do so, because I fear getting attached to someone with an expiration date...wait, no. We can't think like that. We have to keep our chins up, ladies and gentlemen, keep the faith strong.

In times like these, I find Scripture to be comforting. I scoured the net for a good quote, and I was not disappointed. First Corinthians, 15:42-44 "So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is a spiritual body."

We are all praying for good news for you and from you, TotalBiscuit.

Edit May 25, 2018: regrettably, TotalBiscuit lost his battle with cancer. He will be missed. He suffers no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment